I have been promising to share some of my healthy recipes on here forever and finally, here is the first one! Modi Apples are the star of this desert (find out why below) and the best part - this recipe could not be easier. It is simple, healthy, delicious and the perfect desert for the whole family.
4 Modi Apples (available from Coles, these apples are exceptionally crunchy, juicy and fresh - perfectl for cooking)
4 teaspoons of honey (or Natvia or coconut sugar as a substitute)
2 cups Almond Meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup of butter
1. Peel and dice apples, out in saucer on stove top and squeeze juice of one lemon in. Add 2 teaspoons of honey and 1/2 cup water and boil until soft
2. In a bowl mix together melted butter, almond meal and desiccated coconut and 2 teaspoons of honey. Stir into a thick, crumbly consistency.
3. Place apple mixture into well greased muffin trays
4. Add crumble mixture on top and push down into apple
5. Bake in the oven at 180 for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy
6. Cut around out side perimeter with a knife before removing from trays with a spoon being careful to keep the shape
7. Serve as it or add some coconut yogurt
This is a simple and easy desert using accessible, minimal ingredients. Modi is a premium Australian grown apple which has gained massive popularity over the past few years. It is a vibrant red apple, encompassing a modern taste, which strikes the perfect balance in flavour, crunchiness and juiciness. Modi is exclusively available at Coles!